The work of selected artists will be presented at Agora Gallery, an elegant street-level gallery located in the heart of the Chelsea arts district next to the High Line in New York City. Founded in 1984 by an artist, Agora Gallery is a contemporary art gallery dedicated to the promotion of national and international artists seeking exposure to the New York art market. Agora Gallery connects artists with professionals, art collectors, and other artists to create an ever growing family dedicated to the world of fine art.
Take a tour of the gallery.
- The work of thirty (30) photographers will be selected.
- Each photographer will exhibit one photograph, to be printed and mounted by Agora Gallery.
- The Gallery will also cover the cost of return shipping to photographers.
- Photographs submitted by the selected photographers will be displayed on our website for one year.
- Ten (10) artists selected to participate in the exhibition will have the opportunity to exhibit additional images from their competition entry and we will allocate up to 10 ft. (3 meters) of wall space per artist to present their work. The gallery will cover related shipping costs.
- Selected photographers will have no other expenses beyond the entry fee.
Along with the opportunity to showcase your works in New York, Agora Gallery will also provide each artist with the following valuable promotional benefits:
- Press release written by one of the gallery’s talented public relations writers
- Display ad featuring the names of all selected photographers to appear in an art publication
- Reception for the exhibition open to all selected photographers, friends and family, and the New York art community
- Invitations promoting the exhibition and photographs distributed to the gallery’s extensive mailing list
- Exhibition catalog containing images of all selected photographs that is made available to all gallery guests
- Outreach on the gallery’s social media channels including Agora Gallery's Facebook page with 100,000+ followers
- Exhibition page dedicated to the competition on Agora Gallery's website
$500 cash prize will be awarded to five (5) selected photographers and their work will be shown on our websites.
ARTmine Exposure and Personal Artist Statement
Five (5) photographers will be awarded one year of exposure on ARTmine.com, which includes assistance by our talented art writers with composing a professional artist statement. Frequented by art professionals, collectors, and consultants, this premiere resource for art lovers is an excellent tool to generate a greater degree of exposure for your art.
Early Bird Submissions: August 18th, 2019
Competition Opens: August 27th, 2019
Entry Deadline: October 7th, 2019
Results Announced: November 19th, 2019
2017 Selected Photos
Homes of India
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE SELECTED PHOTOGRAPHERS