2018 Competition Awards – Valued at More Than $70,000
This year’s Chelsea International Fine Art Competition awards offer participating artists a wide range of opportunities and prizes specifically chosen to promote the selected artists and enhance their careers. The 33rd competition is proving to be one of the biggest yet and an opportunity artists should not miss.
The 2018 competition exhibition is scheduled to take place at the street-level space of Agora Gallery at 530 West 25th Street, Chelsea, NYC, from August 14 to August 25, 2018. Elegant yet welcoming, the street-level gallery spans 4,000 square feet and features 14 to 18 foot ceilings, a skylight viewing area, and wide windows facing the street. (TAKE A TOUR OF THE GALLERY HERE).
Thirty artists will be selected to exhibit in the collective exhibition, which will take place at Agora Gallery:
- Artwork Display: Your work will be displayed at the gallery.
- Press Release: A unique press release will be written for each individual artist by one of the gallery's highly talented public relations writers.
- Public Relations: The gallery's PR department will invite many attendees to the exhibition, including private art buyers, art consultants, corporations, nonprofit organizations, businesses, and members of the media.
- Display Ad: An advertisement for the collective exhibition will be placed in a publication of the competition's choosing.
- Opening Reception: An opening night reception will be organized for the artists, their invitees, and the New York art community at large. The event will be photographed and promoted on the gallery’s various social media channels.
- Invitations By Email: Invitations promoting the exhibition and your artwork will be emailed to our mailing list.
- Gallery Listing: The exhibition will be announced in a NY art magazine (such as Gallery Guide, M Magazine, etc.), as well as on our website and on various other art-related sites.
- Catalog: An image of your artwork will be published in a color catalog specifically produced for the collective exhibition. The catalog will be distributed to the artists and art enthusiasts.
- Social Media: Your artwork will be promoted on various social media channels, including Agora Gallery’s Facebook page, which has over 100,000 fans.
- Agora-Gallery.com: Your artwork will appear in an exhibition page which will be part of the Agora Gallery website, and in addition, photos from the opening reception will appear on Agora-Gallery.com and on Facebook.
Five artists will be awarded a cash prize of $1,000 each.
Three artists will be awarded a one-page review with 3 color images in ARTisSpectrum Magazine. Ten copies of this professional publication will be mailed to each of the artists to share with interested collectors, clients, and art lovers.
ARTmine Exposure and Personal Artist Statement
Five artists will be awarded one year of exposure on ARTmine.com, which includes assistance by our talented art writers with composing a professional artist statement. Frequented by art professionals, collectors, and consultants, this premiere resource for art lovers is an excellent tool to generate a greater degree of exposure for your art.
Honorable Mention and Complimentary Entry for Next Year's Competition
Ten artists will receive an Honorable Mention and a complimentary entry to the 34th Chelsea International Fine Art Competition (Feb. 2019). We look forward to seeing the artwork you will have created throughout the coming year.
Early Bird: January 27th, 2019
Competition Opens: February 5th, 2019
Entry Deadline: March 12th, 2019
Results Announced: April 16th 2019
Exhibition: August 10th - 20th, 2019
2013 Selected Artwork
Yasuaki Okamoto, 'Love Is Higher Than the Law',Oil on Canvas 30" x 40"