The Chelsea International Photography Competition is an event organized by Agora Gallery as a twin competition to the annual Chelsea Fine Art Competition. Born out of the desire to continue bringing fresh artistic talent to Chelsea, it is a great new opportunity for photographers to expose their art at the center of the contemporary art world – New York.
The competition opened to entries from throughout the world, of all backgrounds and experience levels and participants must be at least 18 years of age. Artists may enter images that investigate any topic, from regional cultures and travel photography, to commercial work and photojournalism.
The competition opens on August 6th and will accept entries through October 9th, 2018.
Below is a selection of selected photographs from the first edition of the Chelsea International Photography Competition.
The Chelsea International Photography Competition is an excellent opportunity for photographers and an exciting event for art enthusiasts. Entries will be reviewed by an expert panel of jurors with diverse backgrounds.
“It has definitely increased my confidence and my motivation to push my photography to higher levels.”
– Vincent Chahley, Selected photographer, 1st Chelsea International Photography Competition
Selected photographers will have no other expenses beyond the entry fee. Agora Gallery will print and mount selected photographs. If works are not sold during the exhibition, the gallery will also cover the cost of return shipping to photographers.
The Chelsea International Photography Competition offers a wide range of awards, including selected participants the exciting opportunity to exhibit at Agora Gallery, located in the heart of the Chelsea art district in New York City, as well as several promotional benefits like:
- a specially crafted Press Release prepared by the gallery’s public relations team
- an Opening Reception for a collective exhibition.
- distribution of over 30,000 Invitations promoting the exhibition and photographs
- an Exhibition Catalog containing images of all selected photographs
- outreach on the gallery’s Social Media Channels including Agora Gallery’s Facebook page with 130,000+ followers