All media is accepted with the exception of video art, film, performance art, jewelry
All visual artists worldwide above the age of 18 are eligible to participate. Click here to
view the complete competition terms.
There is a $45 entry fee for up to 5 images; $5 for each additional image.
The following payment methods are accepted:
- Credit Cards/Debit Cards- Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover
- PayPal - Send the payment to email@example.com
How To Enter
All competition entries are processed through our online entry system. Printed Call-for-Entry forms are no longer used and will not be processed.
Before you begin the process of entering the competition, please have the following
information and materials ready:
- Your contact information for registration and notification
- Title, dimensions and medium of each artwork
- High quality image files of your work in JPG format
The competition juror in 2014 is Mr. Carlo McCormick, one of New York’s noted culture critics and curators. A teacher and guest lecturer at universities and colleges across the country, Mr. McCormick has also written many books and catalogs on the subject of contemporary art and artists.
By entering this competition you hereby agree to the following terms and represent and warrant that
- Age - All registration information you submit is truthful and accurate. You further represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or older and that your use of
does not and will not violate any applicable law or regulation.
- Copyrights - All of the images that you will be submitting are images of original artwork created by yourself or it is artwork created by an artist who authorized you to submit the images on his/her behalf and the images do not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright rights, or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is our policy to terminate all relations with any artist who infringes copyright upon prompt notification by the copyright owner or the copyright owner's legal agent without limiting the foregoing.
- What to do if someone submitted your images to us without your permission: If you believe that your work has been copied and posted on our website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information: an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; a description of where the allegedly infringed material is located on our website; your address, telephone number, and email address; a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law and a written and signed statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice to us is truthful and accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- Artwork - The artwork which will be uploaded by you will not include pornographic, sexually explicit or suggestive material, violence or gore and/or racist material.
- Juror - If for any reason the announced juror is unable to jury the entries the gallery has the right to select an alternate juror and to postpone the results announcement date until the alternate juror has completed the election process.
- Selected Artists - If your work is selected it will be your exclusive responsibility to deliver the actual artwork to the gallery and make sure it is framed and/or
and ready to be displayed. You agree that you will follow all of the gallery's procedures for promotion and exhibitions and that the gallery has the exclusive right to revoke your participation if those instructions are not followed
- Fee - you agree that all competition fees are mandatory and non-refundable.
- Limitation of Liability - In the event that you bring a lawsuit or assert in any forum any claim whatsoever against Agora Gallery, its agents, employees, representatives and/or officers, in connection with and/or arising from any claims that are in any way related to your entry to the competition and/or any acts or omissions arising from our representation of you and/or our relationship with you in any manner whatsoever the maximum amount of damages to which you shall be entitled on all of your claims in the aggregate shall be the greater of either (a) the insurance proceeds received by either you or Agora in connection with your claim or (b) in the event that your insurance claim is denied for any reason whatsoever and/or is not covered by the insurance policy, no more than the total amount actually paid by you to us in connection with your entry.
In the event that any party commences a lawsuit or other legal proceeding to enforce its rights under this Agreement or in connection with and/or arising from any claim whatsoever against us, our agents, employees, representatives and/or officers, in connection with any claims that are in any way related to this agreement and/or any acts or omissions arising from our representation of you and/or our relationship with you in any manner whatsoever; a) you hereby unconditionally consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of New York, New York County, and New York law shall apply for the adjudication of any such claim and b) Agora shall be entitled to recover from you all of its costs and expenses relating to any such proceeding including, without limitation, its attorneys' fees.
- Indemnity - You agree to indemnify and hold Agora Gallery, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of our website in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above and/or any acts or omissions arising from our representation of you and/or our relationship with you in any manner whatsoever.
530 West 25th Street, New York, NY, 10001 |
Tel. 212-226-4151 |